Failure is something that every person is scared to go through in life. It is perceived with a negative notion as succumbing to failure is what demoralizes us to such an extent that we may feel disheartened about certain things in our life.
However, failure can also be described as not being able to succeed at something. Therefore, implicating that without failure there can be no success.
Success cannot be defined without assuming the base parameter as failure. Therefore, it is important to fail in order to be able to succeed.
Failure is important for many reasons; it molds us into the people we are, it makes us resilient, it makes us understand the importance of value. Most importantly, failure gives us experience. It tells us what mistakes we made the first time around, so that we can bounce back and be on our way down the road to success.
Majority if the most successful people in life has failed the most at what they were trying to achieve. Henceforth, if you do fail at something in life, no matter the anguish you feel, no matter the pain and mental exhaustion you go through; don’t give up. Don’t be demoralized or disheartened and not being able to succeed. Learn from your failures, use it to your best advantage and keep moving forward.
Without having experienced failure, we haven’t experienced life.
Here are some quotes that may inspire you to not be disheartened by failure:
- “It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all, in which case you have failed by default.” – K. Rowling
- “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
- “Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.” – Robert F. Kennedy
- “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas A. Edison
- “The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.” – Henry Ford
- “Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.” – Lance Armstrong
- “Just because you fail once, doesn’t mean you’re gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don’t, then who will, sweetie?” – Marilyn Monroe
- “The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won’t. It’s whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere.” – Barack Obama
- “Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.” – Nelson Mandela
- “It’s fine to celebrate success, but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.” -Bill Gates
- “Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another steppingstone to greatness.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Don’t fear failure—not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail.” – Bruce Lee
- “Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself.” – Charlie Chaplin
- “Please know that I am aware of the hazards. I want to do it because I want to do it. Women must try to do things as men have tried. When they fail, their failure must be a challenge to others.” – Amelia Earhart
- “My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “When I was young, I observed that nine out of 10 things I did were failures. So, I did 10 times more work.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “Failure is an option here. If things are not failing, you’re not innovating enough.” – Elon Musk